Ovenchef® Square Roaster , 2.5-quart 11 x 9-inch
Price Reduced From:
For everyone, for every day, and forever.
A complete range of roasters, casseroles and baking dishes, made in France with borosilicate tempered glass, to cover all oven cooking usages.
WHY IS BOROSILICATE GLASS THE MOST APPROPRIATE FOR AN OVEN COOKING?
It offers durability, resistance and ensures safe use at the same time. What makes the Ovenchef® borosilicate glass so heat-resistant is, on the one hand, its formula (a key ingredient, boron, is added to the conventional raw materials) and, on the other, the tempering process. It resists to extreme temperatures, from -40°F to +572°F. It is compliant with European standard EN 1183 on thermal shock endurance, one of the most stringent standards, since it withstands a thermal shock of up to 396°F.
WHAT IS THE TEMPERING PROCESS?
After annealing, and after the temperature has been increased to approximately 1292°F, the glass is suddenly cooled down through air ventilation. This processing creates in the glass some controlled constraints which improve its resilience to mechanical stress and thermal shock resistance (sudden change in temperature). The tempering process increases the resilience of the whole glass and offers safety, convenience and durability while increasing the life span of products.
IMPACT AND CHIP RESISTANT, EXTREMELY DURABLE
Duralex tempered glass is 2.5 times stronger than ordinary glass.
Duralex is manufactured to withstand sudden temperature extremes from -4°F to 212°F and is suitable for hot or cold liquids.
If broken by strong shock, Duralex shatters into small pieces, reducing the risk of injury.
Nonporous Duralex glass does not absorb liquid.
The Duralex glasses and bowls are stackable for convenient and space saving storage.
Constant quality control guarantees excellence and built in durability insures that Duralex products will maintain their look for many years.
Specifically designed for cooking in an oven, the OVENCHEF range is made from reinforced tempered glass resistant to a thermal shock of 200°C/392°F
MICROWAVE, FREEZER AND DISHWASHER SAFE
Adaptable modern glassware can go directly from the freezer to the microwave. Dishwasher Safe.
Recommendations for all products.
* Do not use our products in the oven except for our OVENCHEF range which includes roasting dishes and ramekins.
* Do not use our products directly over a flame.
* Do not expose our products to a sudden change of temperature of more than 130°C/266°F.
* Do not use a damaged or chipped product (risk to the user).
* Avoid scratching the products' surface.
* Wash before use.
* Soak the dish in soapy water for 20 minutes.
* Do not use metallic sponges, pads, powders or abrasives.
* To remove hard water stains, try vinegar. If this doesn't work, we suggest trying a hard water product called LemiShine which can be found at the local grocery store. Then trying soaking your glassware in LemiShine and warm water.