Benefits of Duralex® Glassware
Duralex® glass products are tempered. The mechanical and thermal resisting properties are considerably increased compared to other ordinary glassware products. Duralex® Products are 100% recyclable, glass is made to be remade. Glass is one of the most recyclable materials on the planet. Our products are made of soda-lime glass created from sand, soda ash and limestone. Completely lead and cadmium free. Our glass, unlike boron-based cooking or pharmaceutical glass, is fully recyclable. All of our components are purchased close to our factory to reduce our carbon footprint in terms of transportation. We have also made a strong commitment to reduce the impact of our manufacturing processes by installing a state-of-the-art melting furnace to reduce energy consumption. We recycle our own glass and integrate it into our "house composition". This allows us to reduce our melting temperature and thus our energy consumption. We have installed a particle filter designed to treat fumes coming out of the furnace and to recover certain raw materials and reinject them back into the oven.
Impact and Chip Resistant, Extremely Durable
Duralex® tempered glass is 2.5 times stronger than ordinary glass.
Duralex® is manufactured to withstand sudden temperature extremes from -4°F to 266°F and is suitable for hot or cold liquids.
If broken by strong shock, Duralex® shatters into small pieces, reducing the risk of injury.
Nonporous Duralex® glass does not absorb liquid.
The Duralex® glasses and bowls are stackable for convenient and space saving storage.
Constant quality control guarantees excellence and built in durability insures that Duralex® products will maintain their look for many years.
Specifically designed for cooking in an oven, the OVENCHEF® range is made from reinforced tempered glass resistant to a thermal shock of 200°C/392°F
Microwave, Freezer and Dishwasher Safe
Adaptable modern glassware can go directly from the freezer to the microwave. Dishwasher Safe.
Made in France
Recommendations for all products
- Do not expose our products to a sudden change of temperature of more than 130°C/392°F.
- Do not use a damaged or chipped product (risk to the user).
- Avoid scratching the products' surface.
Recommendations for OVENCHEF® collection
- Do not use the dish directly over a flame, grill, electric, hot plate or ceramic hob.
- Never pour cold liquid into a hot dish nor put it in contact with cold and humid products or surfaces.
- Do not expose the dish to a sudden change of temperature of more than 130°C/266°F.
- Do not use a damaged or chipped dish (risk to the user).
- Wait for frozen food to defrost completely.
- Avoid scratching the surface of the dish.
- Use a glove to handle the hot dish.
- Wash before use.
- Soak the dish in soapy water for 20 minutes.
- Do not use metallic sponges, pads, powders or abrasives.
- To remove hard water stains, try vinegar. If this doesn't work, we suggest trying a hard water product called LemiShine which can be found at the local grocery store. Then trying soaking your glassware in LemiShine and warm water.