Freshbox Square Bowl with Lid , 5.25oz / 3.5 in Lid / Set of 12
Price Reduced From:
IMPACT AND CHIP RESISTANT, EXTREMELY DURABLE
Duralex tempered glass is 2.5 times stronger than ordinary glass.
Duralex is manufactured to withstand sudden temperature extremes from -4°F to 212°F and is suitable for hot or cold liquids.
If broken by strong shock, Duralex shatters into small pieces, reducing the risk of injury.
Nonporous Duralex glass does not absorb liquid.
The Duralex glasses and bowls are stackable for convenient and space saving storage.
Constant quality control guarantees excellence and built in durability insures that Duralex products will maintain their look for many years.
Specifically designed for cooking in an oven, the OVENCHEF range is made from reinforced tempered glass resistant to a thermal shock of 200°C/392°F
MICROWAVE, FREEZER AND DISHWASHER SAFE
Adaptable modern glassware can go directly from the freezer to the microwave. Dishwasher Safe.
Recommendations for all products.
* Do not use our products in the oven except for our OVENCHEF range which includes roasting dishes and ramekins.
* Do not use our products directly over a flame.
* Do not expose our products to a sudden change of temperature of more than 130°C/266°F.
* Do not use a damaged or chipped product (risk to the user).
* Avoid scratching the products' surface.
* Wash before use.
* Soak the dish in soapy water for 20 minutes.
* Do not use metallic sponges, pads, powders or abrasives.
* To remove hard water stains, try vinegar. If this doesn't work, we suggest trying a hard water product called LemiShine which can be found at the local grocery store. Then trying soaking your glassware in LemiShine and warm water.
Five years I have been using these terrific containers
I have used the square bowls in five sizes for five years. Love that they stack. None of the glass have chipped during that time. The tops still fit well. We do put the blue tops in the dishwasher but do not put them in the microwave. My order this morning is for a set of four 70 oz. 7-7/8" square. I would love to buy the largest size,--109 oz. and 9" square, but I haven't seen them available at Duralex.usa for the last few years that I have kept watch.
Lids warped right away
The lids that came with the set warped right away and do not come close to sealing--they don't even stay closed. Despite that, I've had the set for several years because I hate to throw away the containers themselves, and they've held up well. But unless the company can replace my lids, I will certainly not recommend their products. Given the price point, I would expect the containers to last.
The covers that came with my containers were warped, so the container does not close securely. I reached out to customer service, and they gave me the name of a contact person. I contacted that person two times and said I wanted new covers that were not warped. I never received a response. Maybe you will read this review and help me. I hope so because prior to this I have had excellent luck with freshbox containers.
Handy is too liberal a word. I don't know how I got along in the past without these bowls. The way they stack is also an asset.
Bowls are great, lids are cheaply made
Bowls are great and I like the shape a lot. The lids that come with them are flimsy, cheap, and warped. They should upgrade the lids when you pay so much.